View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #69
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

We'll just have to figure out a way to get mode C back in there then. jl
I definitely like having the mode switch. I can see the benefit of only having two modes instead of all kinds of stuff to select from.

Couldn't take it anymore, had to rip into Suzi to see what she looked like underneath.

Learned tons about the bike last night. Was up till 4am reading the manual and adjusting things and doing half of the 600mi service since I am at 515 miles.
Only things I didn't get yet are the suspension bolts and adjust the tons of suspension settings, which may take a while. Also have to figure out/learn how to adjust the throttle body synchronization.

I may finally have to buy a carburetor synch tool eventually

Dropped the main plastics and broke those bastard tabs that are in the way, off, to make things easy for next time.

You can just drop the left fairing to get to the oil and filter on this bike and they made it easy. Dig it.
Frame reminds me of all my old GSXR's only blue and slightly beefier for less weight.

ah well here's some pics I know theres more to relay that I am forgetting that I did like tightening lots of chassis and brake bolts to torque specs etc etc.
You know, basic 600mi service.

Niiiiice plastic

left, exposed.

Well ain't that nifty, this year doesn't get crap everywhere when you drain the filter...

Uhhh huh huh huh, I see your thingy!

Magnetic plug came standard and collected some shavings

First oil change... here's the goo. Can't tell from this angle but it was metallic with shavings in it.

This is THE TOOL for removing Suzi filters.

Oh yeah baby! Inline four between the knees again!
don't have to do the valve job until 26,000 miles lol

Time to add

More muscles

Exhaust valve thingy.

Coolant was a bit low, it looks like it came with engine ice in it? The stuff is blue? I need to add more but not sure what type of coolant to add?

I torqued all the engine mount bolts down.

Then torqued the subframe bolts

Then lifted the tank for practice for next time I have to go in and check all the plugs and filter and injectors and all those goodies.