View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM   #5
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
I seriously doubt that was the conclusion.

Try searching "motorcycle stopping distance"
Though there is much variability in the user, this article (not what I was looking for, but came up first) says otherwise:

http://mfes.com/motorcyclebraking.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
In the Riding Skills sticky at the top of that section, there are several threads dealing with rear braking. A number of studies are linked from there. I don't think any of them matched exactly with your thoughts, but they were close. The difference between using the rear brake or not using the rear brake in a panic stop, given optimal usage of both the front and rear brakes, was a difference of 5 feet at 150 feet of stopping distance.
Yeah, the thing was the person who posted it, posted it in an obscure thread not directly related. I will have to keep looking, I just figured the person who might have posted it would likely remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
I know there's one here in ninjette. cause I remember printing something out here and practicing in at the parking lot. It was a study made in europe or something and then they translated it in english, I'ma try to look for it and I'ma let you know.
Yeah! See, I'm not completely crazy!

Thanks for all the help though, guys. I'm wasn't sure if this justified it's own thread, so if it does not, by all means move/merge/delete what-have-you.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote