View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:55 AM   #13
kenji_808
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CT Blue 250R(Sold), 2008 Black & Silver Honda CBR600RR(Current)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonboy View Post
I did a lot of research on many frame sliders from Shinto and Intuitive to Shogun. All vary in price and design with pros and cons. I was about to make a decision when I found the new T-Rex 250R frame sliders (www.t-rex-racing.com). I like the fact that the slider mounts to two points and fits higher on the fairing, adding more protection, and are made in the USA. The innovative design looks well thought out and the price is $80 + $15 s/h with no tax if you’re outside of Texas. A big plus!

There are lots of good reviews from forums on other T-Rex bike slider applications (R6, 600R, etc.) and their bike stands are pretty popular. However, I could not find any slider reviews specifically for the 250 anywhere.

I contacted T-Rex with a ton of questions about the quality, build, design, etc. and their customer service is great (Thanks Tom!). So I decided to try a set out. I also ordered a set of rear plastic T-Rex spools for $12.50.

Items arrived within 3 days and parts are solid and fitment is dead-on. Since the install is very similar to the other sliders on the market, I’ll cover the basics and any additional tips on how the install went.
If you think about you would rather have the frame slider lower so it would prevent anything else from contacting the ground....

no matter what type of frame slider mount you have the oem foot pegs,shifter and brake pedal will get damaged from a tip over....unless you get aftermarket rearsets with fixed foot pegs.

even with my shogun frame sliders my shogun barends sliders still got a little rash from a tipover, and my old pazzos got like a really minute ding in it.
kenji_808 is offline   Reply With Quote