View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #151
Monkey Wrench Cycles
Motorcycle repair

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): '05 Ninja ZX6-RR, '08 GY6 scooter for wife, '02 Shadow ACE, '05 Buell Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baligila View Post
Hahahahahahaa...
Good if we can get those sizes instead. Was thinking to convert 200cc - 350cc singles as well, and would love to have extra fuel ceiling for turbo apps on those.

Would your 2-stroke system will be more appropriate for what I was planning? (Turbo singles)

Anyway, back on topic of 250Rs, is it okay to merge the two intakes (making plenum) after the twin TB's? To keep the velocity (by using two stock size throttle) but not needing to mechanically balance the two TBs, in case we get lazy (which happen really often). What drawbacks would it made?

The other thing is, let's say, if we target 35HP with mild boost, but achieved at considerably lower rpm (say 9,000revs) and super flat torque curve, what should we need to alter from the base parts supplied in the kit? Is it at all possible doing that with stock internals and 95RON gas?

Thanks Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
I dont see the point in trying to merge the intake plenum. It would make it bulky, akward placement, and i see no benefits from it. If you want to run both intakes together just use one carb like a triumph or bsa used to.

I wouldnt get to happy with turbocharging these 250's. It can be done but they simply cant handle high boost. Ill link a build thread of a guy who did it and he was shooting for 100HP. He blew the engine up several times from weak parts and after spending $7,000 on a custom falicon crank, custom rods, forged pistons, etc... it blew up on the dyno after hitting 70Hp, and was unrepairable. That $7k doesnt include the turbo, cost of bike, etc... Im not discouraging you, just saying that the bike has its limits and if your shooting for 50-60HP i would think thats a reasonable expectation.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=19496

www.monkeywrenchmotorcycles.com
Monkey Wrench Cycles is offline   Reply With Quote