View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Warning: Stop buying the Tridon EL12 Flasher relay

I wanted to warn people away from buying the Tridon EL-12 Flasher Relay. Please please please stop buying them. They do not work with 4 LED blinkers. They are ok if you only have front or rear LED blinkers, but will not work if you have all 4. I understand that it has 2 prongs and makes it easy to install, but it just won't work when you switch to 4 LED's. I get asked at least once a week about helping someone troubleshoot their blinkers and it invariably leads back to their EL12 relay.

Here are 2 PROVEN options:

1. Tridon EP34 relay. Can be found at just about any autoparts store, or can be easily ordered from amazon. It has 3 prongs, each marked B,L,&E. You ground the E pin on the relay. To do this, you get about 12" of wire, attach a 14ga female spade connector to one end and a ring terminal on the other end. You slip the female spade connector onto the E-pin, then bolt the ring terminal to a ground somewhere on your bike.

2. CF12ANL-01 flasher relay- 2 prongs so you don't need to add any ground wires, but you will likely need to order from that website. Those relays aren't found at your local auto store or amazon.