View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM   #1
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Greetings from the SF East Bay

Someone told me I had to come here and introduce myself, so here I am. My name is Katlyn. I've been riding off and on for about 3 years now. My first bike was a 1985 Nighthawk 750s that I couldn't reach the ground on. My second bike was a 2006 Honda Rebel 250 (which is now the hubby's), my third bike was a 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 (which I traded in for my 4th bike - a 2008 Can Am Spyder), and my current bike (along with the Spyder) is a 2009 Candy Plasma Blue Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

I bought the Ninja because I missed riding two wheelers, I always wanted a Ninja from the very beginning (a lime green one of course), and I needed something to ride when I didn't feel like getting bombarded with questions about the Spyder. I almost gave up riding two wheelers cuz I never could get the hang of handling the cruisers. Then I got a thought -- if I get a sport bike it'll probably be easier for me to handle.... and I was right!! I'm in love with the two-wheeler all over again.

Just this past weekend the hubby and I took the MSF course on our own bikes and I passed with only 4 points (best in the class). I'll be M1 licensed hopefully by the end of this week -- just waiting for my certificate.

We are always looking for people to ride with and for places to practice our skills. So hit me up if your down for a local (easy) ride or are having a cone practice session we could get in on.

Later.