Old October 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #44
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Doesn't "blatant" mean obvious and "homosapien" mean human? If so then your sentence makes very little sense lol
Check my custom user title. It is usually something silly, and currently no exception.

@n4mwd, it wasn't cheating. Looks like they've put together a decent modded 250 using a bunch of prototype parts not available for the street (which is one of the many reasons the ninjette is a better bike right now, and why that is what everyone is racing. The ninjette is faster out of the box and has better access to aftermarket parts. The access to parts thing is going to change somewhat as those prototype parts get to the marketplace as some will, though the CBR will never have the options we have with the Ninjette, and it will always be starting out a bit slower out of the box.)

I'm not qualified to say whether the FI system of the 250 provides advantages over the carburated ninjette under superstock rules for the class, but there wasn't any noise about that at all on the CMRA forums, where it was all about credit to the rider. Ryan Andrews was getting all sorts of praise from his teamates and competitors alike for his skill. I've quoted one Kawi guy below, but it also looks like his lap times on the CBR250 compared to his teammates are just night and day. Dude is just kicking ass and taking names.

My rants here aren't about CBR bashing, it is about someone drawing the wrong conclusions from a race, and then trolling about it. (As an aside, if Warapura has a ZX10, which he just added to his profile today, I'll eat my hat. Exact language used in posts below also found on CBR forums and on a Thai visa forum about this same issue, and has no other posts on this forum exept on this?)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake