View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #16
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrguy View Post
the rings around the piston looked fine and the cylinder was fine.
i did a leak down and 80% in the exhaust valves, how do i fix this any help?

Only 15000km on the bike and yeah all 8 rocker arms are there and working
Is it possible something is jamming the exhaust valve open? A screw or wire or something that accidentally got sucked in.

But I can say that if you are sure the valves are adjusted properly and the rocker arms are working and present, its time to pull the cams and head and closely examine your valves and timing chain.

Timing chains don't usually break, they stretch. If its especially loose, it might have hopped a tooth. But the tensioner should have picked up the slack on an engine with only 9000 miles on it.

A kawi engine failing at only 9K miles is very rare. But having a radically lower compression in one cylinder says there is likely something wrong with the valves.

If I lived up there I'd come over and give you a hand, but instead, maybe check with a kawi dealer and see if they will let you talk to their mechanic to see if he's heard of anything specific to your bike. Maybe offer to buy him lunch at McDonalds.

Broken Kawi 250 engines are rare like diamonds, just not as valuable.

PS- In case you didn't already know this, there are two TDC marks on the flywheel on the left side of the bike. The left TDC cylinder is marked "1T" with a line through it so it looks like "1|T". And the right cylinder TDC is marked "2T" or "2|T". I think there is also a "1D" or something in there too, but ignore that one.