Thread: Tats
View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #142
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Usre, don't have pics on the work computer but I have two 3/4ish sleeves, and one on my right calf.

All of my tattoos are "war tats". I got my first one right before we shipped off for the invasion of Iraq. I have gotten a piece each time I leave and when I come back. They all have significant and even hidden meanings. The oriental style on my right arm denotes the mindset we took and the koi swimming upstream represents the challenges we faced. When I got home I got another koi, this time going downstream, to show a balance or peace, each cherry blossom petal represents a killed combatant however in this moment they have been "recycled" into something beautiful. The other side has a colorful tribal core, this is for the simplest and violent of human emotions, it is surrounded by 16 skulls mixed with smoke. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what they stand for. For my third trip I went to my left forearm and got a simple centurion mask with "fate loves the bold". I finally paid tribute to my friend and our first casualty of the war in 2003 with a gorgeous Nuestra Seņora de Guadalupe in black and white. Most detailed tattoo yet, if you look closely you can see a M249 machine gun nestled gently in her arms with 21 links of ammo hanging out, 1 for every two months of deployment.

I don't plan on getting any tats for some time, I suppose unless there is some other life changing event.

As far as my job...I have them down to my wrists and wear scrubs every day, I just choose to wear long sleeved undershirts. Never been a problem for me.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote