View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #134
Fleshbazbo
ninjette.org member

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ex 250 ninja and 2012 Metallic troll snot green,3)Honda GL1000,XR400R,Suzuki Dr200

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookitsfranco View Post
so I went from position 1 to position 5 a few months ago, and I never really looked back. Am I making my ride unnecessarily uncomfortable without any real handling gains? I'm 5'9" and about 165-175lbs (scale broke some time ago so that's ballpark) if that helps at all
Does not really matter how heavy you are. The reason you want the front and back of the bike to drop together(at the same time) is for the extreme riding conditions like racing or panic handling (to get out of the way of a car approaching you in your lane). If the bike suspension drops in a predictable manner you will have a better chance of saving it (and Yourself) with out having to deal with the front or back end washing out Or having to dump the bike to save your self. If your back is harder than your front causing you to suffer Soften the back end till it at least matches the front. You will get a better ride and better more predictable handling under EXTREME conditions (something you would not notice under most riding conditions. This is how the racers set up there suspension. I am only passing on the information. Happy trails.
Fleshbazbo is offline   Reply With Quote