View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #1303
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

I was heading home towards Houston from The Lone Star Rally and midway of the trip my Ninja started acting up. It was sputtering under throttle but idle fine with no load and clutch in. Also the tach was jumping all over the place. I hit traffic on the highway so pulled over on the left shoulder and turned it off. Tried to turn it back on, nothing no power. Luckily, the Ninja was equipped with the stock tools. I found out that the negative lead on the battery had come undone. I guess all the rattling and harmonics of the engine backed the bolt off the negative wire to the terminal. A lady in a car asked if I was okay and I gave her a thumbs up and she continued on in the stop and go traffic. A cruiser pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay and I told him the situation. He stayed until I got everything buttoned up while giving me light to work with since it was dark.

Big props goes out to the nice lady asking if I was okay and SUPER Propers Bobby, the guy on the cruiser, for stopping to assist