View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
My friend had a sinus infection for 4-6 months many bouts of antibiotics and nothing got better. Finally a smart doctor. upped his acid reflux meds and WALAH!! no more sinus infections and that was an easy fix finally. So check into that and get better soon.
Yeah, it is possible that what I have is an infection. Taking too much antibiotics can actually cause a rebound. But I never got an X-Ray so there's really no way for me to know for sure.

I really hate taking medication because they just seem to blanket your symptoms and make you worse further down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD575 View Post
I have a deviated nasal septum which causes me to have constant sinus problems.
Only correction is surgery which my insurance will not cover.

I also had acid reflux which was not fun but I learned what foods/beverages triggered the symptoms and now I avoid them.
Used nexium for two months then didn't need it anymore.
I have read somewhere that peanuts relax the lower esophageal sphincter. I have no idea why that might be but I eat a LOT of peanut butter so that raised a flag.

The thing that scares me about Nexium or other PPIs is that they will reduce the amount of acid my stomach produces. And I'm not sure if my acid reflux (if that's what I have) is due to too much acid or too little. Taking a PPI could be dangerous if the latter.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote