View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #26
expat
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Wow just Wow. its obvious you are a new rider. The simple fact that you are even worrying about chicken strips is concerning. To make it worse its other riders goading you into it that makes it so much worse.

Any advice to go faster, lean more blah blah blah is total ****ing horseshit. Chicken stripes are meaningless plain and simple. To go out with the intention of just getting rid of them is going to end bad. Odds are you will be leaning the bike over as far as you can with poor body position and crash. Read the skills books, learn how to position your body correctly and work on proper technique. Dont worry about what your tires look like.

Also if a person commutes on there bike they will have chicken strips regardless of how hard the fling the bike in the twisties. I commute 40 miles total each day 5 days a week its freeway riding so pretty much straight roads. that means in order to not have "Chicken stripes" i would have to do 200 miles on each side of my tire to match the tread ware from my commute.
I think you are over reacting. The original poster asked a question, I don't really see anyone goading him into going faster. The posts so far all pretty much say what you are saying, read books on body position etc.
He asked a question on how to get rid of the chicken strips and has received answers. By the way, you are referring to tire wear, not removing chicken strips in the last sentence of your post. Once the tire is scrubbed, the chicken strip is gone. No one can use every part of the tire evenly riding on the street!
expat is offline   Reply With Quote