View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I think some people do progress quicker than others. I also think that some people have got the required attitude to handle bigger engine bikes early on; Ashf00t being an example. She started out with a 600CC Gixxer. She shows the bike all the respect it needs, has now been riding 2+ years and is progressing well with it.
I am sure if you are a responsible person you can handle a 600cc. But with 2000 miles on your belt. You won't be able to master a 600cc. It will be a lot to handle. It depends what WhiteRice wants out of this bike. Does he want to hit the twisties at crazy speeds and really push the bike or does he just want a sweet bike to cruise around on. It would be scary telling him to get the 600 if he wants to hit the twisties because mistakes on a 600cc can be deadly or at least more dangerous than a 250. And I am not saying a 250 isn't dangerous, because it is, but if you make mistakes on a 250 they might be less severe. I just know, If you really want to be good at something you need to start out small and work your way up.

It is like learning how to race a car. You can't start out in a corvette zr1 and expect to learn how to race. That would be very very challenging. You need to start out with a less powerful machine like a mazda miata to really learn the skills.

That is just my outlook on things. This is my method of attack to learn how to ride. I plan to get a dual purpose bike next so I can hit the dirt and really get a feeling of motorcycles. This is just how I see things.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote