Old November 13th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #180
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
I believe it's very likely that with some research a bit of ingenuity this idea would work.
You sir are making a statement that is very dangerous threat to my wallet right now...

seriously though, great insight on this. I'll start reading looking at that. I feel like you're right; modding the petcock to no longer run on vacuum would be the easiest route to go, and just make the vacuum nipple be the return. I'm not a fan of having to put a hole in my tank. I'm also not a fan of having to track down a California model in the right color/having to paint a California model tank.

*edit to add pictures so I can visualize what you're saying*
ok so assume the pre-gen petcock is modified. this part would have to have some material removed so that there is enough flow for the return line.

Also, you said you just removed the diaphragm. (That's the black piece that looks like home plate right?) so that means this guy is gone:

Then there would be no hole to plug right? because the atmospheric hole is in the black diaphragm that just got thrown away. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

Would this modified petcock still work in its' original fuctions of off/on/reserve since the front of it hasn't been touched?
*/edit*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5_Diaphram_vent.jpg (36.9 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg petcock vacuum thingy.jpg (101.7 KB, 330 views)
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote