View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #34
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
when i first got my rf1100, the fit was pretty tight around the cheeks as well. it would leave marks from the tight fit. after a month of wearing it, it's now broken in and everything feels comfy. so maybe you just need to wear it everyday for an hour while typing on the forum. my next helmet will be an arai. those are way more comfy and the lightest i've ever worn. the shoei is nice and comfy, but its a lil on the heavy side.
i can't find anywhere where it says the weight of the helmets... maybe do the different shell sizes have different weights?

edit: , it says the weight on Revzilla.com but i couldn't find it listed anywhere on Arai or Shoei.com.

just out of curiosity

RF-1100: 1604 grams (based on Medium size). it felt exactly as heavy as i imagined it would. not sure how much lighter any Arai would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
Well, you know what they say. You have either a Shoei head or an Arai head.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
I'm at a toss up, I want a RF1100 so bad, but I also want the A* GP-R. Both are about the same cost, and I have no clue what to get.

if it were me, it would depend on what i currently have. What jacket do you have now? how does it compare to the GPR? What helmet do you currently have? Since they're both approximately the same price, just buy the one that is more of an improvement. But I think there is more variety when it comes to jackets rather than helmets.

id like to try this on

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpi...textile-jacket

A* air flow textile jacket. it has CE armor for your elbows and shoulders. $179.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I don't do the chipmunk cheek thing... I just exchanged my helmet as well to get a size bigger. My helmet now fits snugly without smashing my cheeks you dont want that...

also its been covered but when you take your helmet off if it feels like "ahhhh what a relief" that means it prolly to tight... thats how mine was, so i figured **** if it feels this good to TAKE OFF. I should prolly get a size bigger. Good luck!
yep. thats pretty much what my XS felt like. It was a strain just to get the thing on and off. And I had a red spot on my forehead after wearing it for about 25 mins.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote