View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #28
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I think Jinx makes a very realistic point
"One thing I've done after doing a few track days is to ride slower on the streets and in the canyons. There's no need to push, because I know what the bike can do, and what I can do. "
I dont know many advanced riders but the few I know do not blast thru the roads unless they're playin'
The guy I've been chasing is advanced and he chuggs along the straits @ 55 but flies thru the turns when I'm behind him...yeah...I enlisted him as a guru and he's showing me how it's done. As to the track days cost....IF the site I checked is offering 2 days, not 1, I'm sure it's worth the money....but they dont get specific about costs. Still...$400 will buy me new tires AND a back protector AND maybe even boots ? Maybe ?
OK....for you track day guys....my guru made a comment:
You're 100 times more likely to fall on the track but it's only half as bad as falling on the street......(roads we run are clean, nicely paved, very little traffic and next to nothing to crash into...farmland mainly) Are you 100 times more likely to crash on the track. I mean, I understand that the track is where you push yourself because it is safer.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote