View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #151
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

After over a year of owning the bike, finally did the full fender chop (previously, I just cut the bottom half)

I just used a short hacksaw. There was also some drilling of the L brackets and license plate & license plate bracket in order to get the bolts and license plate light to fit.

Also smoothed out the bottom with sandpaper and sprayed some black window tint I had from a hobby shop to help color the part I cut to blend in with the rest of the fender.

The light was a bit expensive, more than I wanted to spend, but they seemed the most practical. Comes with 2 in the pack but I only used one. I'll see how well it lights up at night and add the other if necessary. I kind of dont like the wire showing, but it's a pretty short wire and I'm too lazy to buy more wire to make it longer in order to make it easier to tape up and hide.

last pic, on the left side, just shows that I used the stock connector to help connect the light's wires

Last futzed with by paterick4o8; April 5th, 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: pictures not showing
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote