View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM   #55
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I don't know anything about Iron Maiden. When you say their message is "Don't muck with the devil" do you mean that people shouldn't resist him? In any event, wearing 666 on clothing or skin is inappropriate for a Christian. .
Iron Maiden is a metal band that went through a big uproar because of a song that some bunch of nutcases thought was promoting devil worship. The people making a big stir hadn't read the lyrics. Was quite funny to us metal heads.

Quote:
I said that I would be offended by being forced to wear an "I love mohamed" sticker, but that I would wear it to keep my job. I would be offended because it wouldn't be true in my case, not because of any religious significance
In your case you could say it was Mohamed Ali, the boxer.

There's the difference in both our cases, we would prefer not to wear certain sentiments, me because it would be inaccurate and you because you would find it offensive because of your religion. But we'd both be stuck wearing a McDonalds hat if we worked there.

Now, my friend, we get to the REAL burning issue: When I put the reindeer antlers, red nose and big red tail bow on my Ninja, do you think people will try to run me over or stay 10 yards back because they think I'm a nut job?
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote