View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #76
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
If i sign up and decide to go with the $199 OEM throttle body, does the 20% off apply to it as well?

($599 + $199) x 0.8 = $638 ??
We would have to ask them at ecotrons but I think they mentioned that this group buy discount would only apply to their throttle body because they dont have that many OEMs available. Plus they will be used, more expensive, and if I recall, the mounting of the cables might be a little different. Not necessarily a dealbreaker but as far as performance is concerned, I dont think it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Sorry, but I must disagree with your closed loop cooling method. At least for hot climates.
I understand your point but in the grand scheme of things, I dont think it really matters for gasoline since the only way you can prevent vaporization is if the container is sealed, which the gas tank is not. It is the pressurized containers that prevent temperature changes. In an open container, the liquid nitrogen isnt cooling itself persay, it is using the energy to convert the liquid into gas, leaving the liquid at its max temperature. In a gas tank scenario, you would be losing gas to keep the liquid portion at a cooled temperature. All around a crappy scenario and there's nothing about the tank that "refrigerates" gasoline. It's just a metal tank that gets hot when its hot out and cools when its cooler. Nothing special about it.

In any case, feel free to disagree with a closed loop cooling method and come up with a better one on your own. Greg has designed one based on his knowledge and experience and it is obviously working great for him and more than likely others. We can only work with what our members have tried and/or willing to "test" on their own. Please test out some designs and report back on it's performance so that we may help further refinement of this conversion.