View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

CB1000R or CBR600RR

As the title says. I am purchasing a new bike as of Saturday if everything goes well. Both are brand new off the showroom floor in black. I loved the 250r but I'm a Honda fan boy deep down. Time to move on.

However I am torn. I do all street riding and commute every day on the bike. I also love weekend trips and twisties. The wife would also like to do some more 2 up riding.

I love the 2011 CB1000R looks, power, comfort, it's nimble, it's narrow, & has a do all attitude. You can run the bike on 87 octane do to the low compression and the single-side swing arm not only looks cool but makes maintenance a snap! Not sure how I like the dirt bike bar thing yet, as I have yet to even sit on one due to the dealerships being so far away. Getting a pretty good deal OTD as well.

The 2009 CBR600RR C-ABS, race attitude, light weight, sport bike positioning, & similar power. The price is about $800 cheaper than the CB1000 and it is 1 hour closer to me. ABS!!!!!ABS!!!!! - From all the reviews I read it seems to work amazing and increases safety(also lowered the insurance quote) Again, getting a pretty good deal OTD on this one as well. Bike is less comfortable by nature.

It seems the bikes are very close in HP/TQ numbers with the CB1000 taking a slight lead. I read the CB1000 has a smooth usable power. The CBR600RR Revs out quite a bit higher and is a "peakier" power. However, Honda claims changes to the 09's that greatly improved the low-mid range ooomph.

I have ridden a older F4i many times and loved it. Yet to ride a new CBR or CB(No test rides around here.) Both are ending up costing me almost exactly the same +/- a few dollars a month. The insurance is almost the same as well. I've always been a sport bike guy but I'm getting older and the CB1000 kinda seems nice. I'm a little scared to leave clip-ons in the dust. So now it is just a fact of picking one.

I don't post much but I can't make up my mind. What does every one else think?

Last futzed with by Broc; December 14th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Broc is offline   Reply With Quote