View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #11
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I thought w/ my first purchase of a used pre-gen, that trusting a dealer would be best route. Hell the price may have been 200-300 higher from them but I was sure they'd at least go over the bike making sure everything was good before putting it on floor.

OH HELL No they didn't... and I was too impatient to wait and properly learn inspecting the bike. So I ended up buying a bike that shouldn't have even been on road, and I do think it was a cause for me running it off road (which resulted in only left rearset break, and 1 minor scratch/dent to left muffler). It was while I was trying to fix the rearset I noticed the loose lower engine mount bolt (the nut holding it on was gone and it was free floating back and forth). That's what lead me to further inspect bike w a local kawi dealer mechanic and we found the forks/frame issues.

Sorry so long, but I rather not see you take the same route... I'm not saying do not buy from a dealer, but do know wtf your doing and don't expect them to sell you a 'safe ride'!!!!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote