View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #168
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotrons View Post
All parts are warrantied for 1 year. (after 1 year? we will still provide service.)
And yes they are all available off-the-shelf or replacements are available. We are in this market for long term. ECU is able to do self-diagnosis. Failed ECU will be replaced as warranty parts too.
It takes a long time to develop an EFI system, esp. the ECU and software. We are not going anywhere. We are growing, and more EFI kits are coming.
I guess I didn't ask that right. Basically I'm asking two things.

1. Are some of these these parts off other motorcycles so that if we need replacements on the road, we can get them from a local shop? Fuel pump, regulator, injectors, sensors, etc.? If I'm going cross country and something breaks, I'll need apart right then and wont have time for a warranty claim.

2. Can I expect the ECU to handle static discharges, wet weather conditions, high temps and basically last the life of the bike even if the bike is mistreated? That is, is it a tough little bugger or do I have to handle it with cotton gloves?

EDIT:
Sorry, but I had to add another one....
3. Are the components ethanol proof and will they operate without damage with E10 - E85 flex fuel?

Last futzed with by n4mwd; December 20th, 2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added third question
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote