Thread: 2 Up riding
View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM   #127
LexisReid
ninjette.org member

Name: Alexis

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Revelation!

Okay, On topic, but not at all directed to the OP, whom I am glad is having good and safe experiences with 2-up riding.

I'm personally new to riding (September), but hubby has been riding for nearly 6 years now! Reading this and other 2-up posts had the effect of... making me YELL at my husband! I don't think he had his bike 2 weeks before he had me on the back of that thing! Now, he "seemed" incredibly capable with no noticeable difficulties adjusting to having a rider (not wobbly, jerky or anything to cause me alarm), however, just KNOWING now how early in his riding experience that was is a bit MORTIFYING to me.

I definitely fussed him out and told him he was trying to kill us both! I don't remember when it was, but probably months into our 2-Up riding, he did drop the bike when we had to come to a sudden stop and he couldn't make up for the weight shift differential. He also accidentally got the front tire off the ground once (don't remember if that as the GXS-R or the CBRR)... he was very excited about his accidental baby wheelie...

So the lesson here folks is DON'T RIDE WITH NOOBS! LOL... Or crazy boyfriends or husbands.

No, but really, just keep in mind that it is all a learning process, and really give yourself time to feel comfortable, but not overconfident with your ride. I much prefer riding my own to riding two up, because the lack of control and the amount of trust required is enormous! Not to mention that passengers who don't know how to ride do not fully understand the risk that they are taking or the skill require for you to execute a safe ride. Understanding that better now, I wouldn't have put myself in that same position until DH had much more riding experience. And my husband is probably the most safe, responsible rider I know... then and now.