View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
it took todd telling me to turn my foot for me to realize the side of my foot was pressed against the frame... he showed me how he braces his toes on the peg and heel inward on the frame which makes getting that leg out there way easier since you aren't trying to bend against your boots. him and nick have different ways of bracing their outside foot though... i think the outside brace is dependent on how long your leg is, since it has to tuck into the side of the tank... he really points his toes a lot... i think its because hes dragging so much... he practically holds that bike up with his leg
I showed that to max at the IMS show. To sit farther back turn his inside foot a bit.

I think you need to lead with your shoulders a bit more. Get your upper body off the tank and scoot your butt off more as well. Body position is diffrent for everyone with minor tweaks and adjustments that fit for you. Clean lines and fluid motion between the turns is key, as well as track position. Don't obsess over body position as you are never going to stop working on it and tweaking it.

For your first track day I think you had good BP and will improve a ton at chuckwalla.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote