View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #6
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Personally, I feel like some of dainese's armor is overrated. The backpad, shorts, and knee armor, I would have probably gone with knox and sastec instead. Knox really makes an effort to include comfort in their designs as far as airflow and weight. If you decide to get new gear, I urge to you atleast consider taking a look at them and see if it makes a difference for you.

Keep the reviews coming.
There's 2 reasons I didn't go with Knox for my shorts and knee guards - 1) price, & 2) availability. I purchased my Alien jacket from Revzilla and due to their Revzilla cash program, along with the rest of the money I had budgeted for my shorts and knee guards I wouldn't have had enough money because Revzilla doesn't carry the Knox shorts - which is really what I did want. I opted for the knee guards despite Revzilla carrying the Knox limb tubes because the area of coverage is greater for the Dainese knee guards. Because of my Revzilla cash I was able to afford to get the knee guards and the shorts pretty quickly. It would've been another month or 2 before I would've had the cash for the Knox shorts from STG and I didn't feel like waiting that long.

As for not going with the SAS-TEC, I mentioned my reasons for not going with it in my OP so I won't bother rehashing it.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote