View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #614
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I pointed out the false numbers you used back then, because, wait for it, you used false numbers. You stated then that you were using my numbers, but you weren't.
Quote:

When Bush took office in January, 2001, the outstanding public debt was $5.716T as of the 31st of that month. link
Quote:

When Obama took office in January, 2009, the outstanding public debt was $10.632T, as of the 31st of that month. link
Quote:

As of September 30, 2011, the outstanding public debt is now $14.79T. So 33 months into a 48 month term, the increase in public debt has risen $4.158T
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
So 4.1+ trillion in 33 months. Vrs just shy of 5 trillion in 8 years
Your cited numbers mind you, and the same place I have pulled numbers from.
8 years is 108 months. 33 months is just under of 1/3 of 8 years. so dividing GW's number by 1/3 for some quick math would make things a little more fair as a rough comparison??
1.6 trillion vs 4.1 trillion
That work better for you??

10.632T - 5.176 T is just over 5 trillion or 5.456T not under as I stated.

You could have corrected that at the time, but it still didnt help your argument so instead of correcting a minor mistake on my part you dismissed the whole argument as having no merit and stated
Quote:

You post incorrect numbers for spending.
Which was not true. I posted your numbers
Quote:

You mistake yearly deficit spending for overall deficit.
And apparently so did you. I did use your numbers.
Quote:

You underquote the spending done for the prior 8 years.
By a whopping .2 trillion in my rough comparison due to my use of the term under and not over.

Thats less than this administration spent in the past 3 months.

Did that change the argument?? No.
As of Dec 27, 2011 Obama is asking to raise the debt limit again to 16.39T because we are at or near the limit of 15.194T.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7BQ0KU20111227

But lets not talk about spending lets only talk about raising taxes.

Quote:

You've said the 3% surtax proposal didn't exist, and railed against people by calling it fictional, yet when pointed to the Senate proposal, you change your mind to saying anything proposed in the Senate doesn't exist because it won't pass.
I said it was all a smokescreen. As it is. I said the 1 million dollar tax bracket was fictional.
Where are the bills?? in the 111th or 112th congress?
Quote:

You can stand here all day long and rail on "I don't like this, and I wish we spent less, and I wish the government was smaller, and I wish wishes were puppies", and it would be all good. What is terribly tedious is that while your posts are littered with bad data ostensibly supporting your misguided views, the prior post is the first in 600 posts in this thread where you finally admitted that your facts aren't exactly that, on even the most minor of details, until you get called on them 4 posts in row and you actually read the sources you copy from.
Ahhh...... but it was admitted.
Quote:

Disagreeing with your premise, your "facts", and your delivery isn't a diversion, it's just pointing out the obvious to anyone who you haven't already driven from this area.
Oh yeah, Im driving them out in droves.
All the usual suspects are here.
Who doesnt want to watch a "trainwreck"?
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote