View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #57
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Realistic would be "hey just FYI, keep your budget in mind" and then proceed to answer my actual question. If you recall, my question is not about financials. It is only about lifestyle changes from those that have experience about riding in a major city. That is all I was concerned about. It was UNCOOL of you or anybody to go ON AND ON about forgetting the idea of owning a motorcycle.

Like I said before, I appreciate and understand the concern but I was asking something very specific and you and several others have provided nothing but negative and off-topic comments. If you ever ask for advice on a particular topic and the only responses that you got were "forget it you'll never get it to work", how would you feel? Would you be as receptive as you think you will? Wouldnt you prefer some sound advice that "could" make things work even if it still had a chance of not working? It's called support. I was under the impression that this forum was about the love of motorcycling wherever and whenever and provide as much support possible to keep it going.

Having to discuss the purpose and type of responses appropriate for my original question is taking away from the original purpose of my thread.
You are wrong, I never said that you should forget it or it would never work for you. You should read more carefully.

This is a public forum, you ask for people's opinions and expereinces, whether you like it or not.. you will receive them.

I don't sugarcoat my answers, I expect people give me straight answers and opinions when I ask for them.

I presented valid options that you should consider while living in NYC on a student budget.

I've lived in NYC as a student, bicyclist and motorcyclist.
From my experience, owning a motorcycle in NYC is a waste of money and the riding experience is not worth the cost. Plenty of other things and experiences that you can do with that money that will enrich you as a person in the NYC.

As transportation, I got around in NYC faster with my bicycle than most other methods.. and it was excellent training for motorcycling without the significant cost.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote