View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #64
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

I've stayed in NYC with family and alone for weeks at a time so I understand how NYC life is like. I used to live in upstate for 10 years and would visit my family every couple weeks since it was under an hour away.

The real question that I am uncertain about is that my entire family does not ride and very few of them drive. I never drove in NYC and while I can tell it is very crowded and cars drive different from the Bay Area, I dont know the culture or the lifestyle of a motorcyclist in the city.

@EsrTek and @miss_syn All fantastic information. I'm beginning to get a much much better idea on what it's like to ride in the city.

Great suggestion on making money with the motorcycle, though unlikely I will capitalize on it. Honestly, financials is not a concern of mine as of yet. With my current calculations with savings and grants/scholarships/loans, I think my budget should be just fine. More importantly, I might not even have time to ride so that could be the final dictator on whether this will end up working out.

In anycase, I'm very appreciative on the advice and "vision" on what it is like to ride in a major city. You have all helped my planning and decisions progress. In 6 months when I make the actual move, I'll know for sure but at this point, my mind is much more at ease.