View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #100
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Name: Shon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250

A great friend of mine, & fellow long time CCS team mate once said, "if it was easy, everyone would do it!"

Bike prep, sprocket changes, suspension changes, loading, tire warmers, generator, set up 3 canopies, gas, etc, etc, etc......****, by the time you actually throw a leg over the bike.....that's the easy part!

I've been racing since 1997, (yes, I'm old!), and I still ride on the street.
I've had a dedicated race bike (or 3 at a time) since I started. But I love motorcycles.....period. I've road raced, ice raced, hare scramble, MX....stunted on mini's.....rode a Harley bagger to Sturgis. I attend AMA, WSBK, & motogp rounds. I rode an EX500 from Wisconsin to Indy for Motogp. Point being.....I, personally, will never limit my riding to one discipline. With that said, I will also always road race. I think the more you ride, in any form.....the better you'll be, period. If I was ever limited to one form, it'd be road racing, no doubt.

Get a dedicated track bike.....you won't regret it.
I'll be the guy that throws my hand up & says that there's better street bikes than a 250......but it makes a better than excellent race bike! (& I've raced no less than 12 different bikes in my "career")
Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote