View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:03 PM   #77
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

Um, I'm just not that I into the whole AGATT (?), since literally, I hop on the bike for 1.5 to 5 minute rides on 2 to 4 occasions every other day. The furthest I go is 10 minutes, and with the exception of 100 yards on a 4 lane road, it's all 2-lane.

I don't want to get dressed and undressed all day, and all those gloves look like major racing stuff...I just want some protection. If I found a more casual looking pair at a price I could afford, I'd get them. I just had two pairs of these from shooting, and I like the increased tactile feeling as opposed to giant bulky gloves. Those Cortech Accelerator 2s looked great, but he said they fall apart.

AS I GET better and start pushing things more (I can feel this happening as I get more familiar with the bike), I'll probably start looking for some casual good gloves--the hockey goalie storm trooper stuff seems like overkill for an errand runner....so far, this bike is just my glorified scooter.

Note: It also may hark back to riding power lines in GA...my dad and I just wore our leather work gloves to protect our hands from all the branches and stuff. I know AGATT is best...if I was a commuter, racer, or even rode 50% more, I'd look into it. I still may. These do seem like good gloves...I know half of an a-team who's worn them for the last 5-6 tours, but then, they kinda pride themselves on being cheap and solid (some still use the old TA01nsn cogs and those little colt 4-position stocks instead of the newer whiz bang stuff).
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote