View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM   #17
Hopmix
ninjette.org member

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): 11 CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zola View Post
With two Ninja 250s, an ’08 and ’11, and with the need to add another small displacement sport bike to the stable, I have taken a close look at the Honda. I reread every review and comparison test I could find in Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Rider, and other print and online media outlets and, in almost every case, the Honda was named a close but clear winner. Comments included “Move Over Ninjette”, “The Complete Package”, among a host of accolades. How could one possibly go wrong, say no more, buying, the Honda?

Rather than limit research to reading the blurbs of testing and editorial staff whose careers essentially involve selling motorcycles, I turned to online forums to listen to the people who own and ride the CBR, expecting to see glowing, positive posts. It was no surprise to find that the thread “Gas Mileage CBR250” was the most popular at CBR250.net but it was an eye popper to read “Engine Rattle!!! SIGN UP” with 162 entries and 8,130 views and counting and “My CBR250’s engine turns off when Downshifting!!!” with 165 entries and 6,386 views.

If you are considering the CBR250 I suggest you log on to CBR250.net and review the threads before making a buying decision. It’s remarkable how many references are made to “getting a lawyer.”

Long post short; I’m picking up my third Ninja 250r next Tuesday.
This stuff cracks me up.
I have a CBR 250R. I have no engine rattle. I do have some rattles on the bike occasionally from fairings or whatever. My Gsxr has a lot more rattles. CMON SON its a thumper. I personally have never seen a bike that didn't rattle somewhere when you are pushing the rpms up and cruising. The ninja is buzzy as a MF. My hands tingle when I get off of it. As far as the engine cutting off, I have experienced twice. After my first service at Honda. Soon after I went to a proper mechanic for a tune and the issue never came back. I also started running higher octane gas. If these are a reason to stop you from riding the bike or buying it the they aren't good ones.
As far as the cbr forum. Most of the guys one there are 60+ in age and tend to have nothing better to do but complain and debate ****. Read the entire thread about the engine rattle. Every person who says they have it says its coming from somewhere different and most of the thread is off topic and has nothing to do with a engine rattle. Like every thread on every motorcycle forum. 163 post and about 150 of them are form people who don't know ****.
I think this quote serves it best Motorcycles make all sorts of whirs, rattles, ticks, taps, bangs, clunks, thumps, buzzes and harmonics.

"Just ride the ring off the ****ing thing folks and stop worrying, it gets smoother more you wring its neck, many of you are spoiling your new bike experience by stuff you read on here" -Auffit.

Its motorcycle a dudes. Not a new lexus. And a 4000 dollar one at that. The bike is awesome. trust me. go ride one for yourself and stop reading these damn forums. That said having three ninjas is not a bad thing either. Maybe a bit boring though.
Hopmix is offline   Reply With Quote