View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:37 PM   #24
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Right. The president and other left leaning people don't want hard work to be rewarded, don't want companies to make profits, don't want the military to be stronger than other nations, and want other nation's interests to be above ours. Do you really believe that?
Yes, I do. He talks about "income equality" which really means income redistribution. He wants to limit the reward for hard work, so yes. He wants to keep corporate taxes high, and wants to increase their cost for things like healthcare. So again, yes, he wants to take some of their profits. As for his views of the military, again, yes. He wrote about this in "Dreams from my Father" when he criticized what he called "the powerful" for it's "dull complacency" and how "sophisticated military hardware" is often used as an "unthinking application". As a candidate he also ran on a platform of cutting spending on missile defense systems, and that he would slow down the development of future combat systems. So yes, I believe that deep down, Obama sees a strong US military as a weakness. As for US interests, and example of Obama putting the interests of others above the US is his support of European Union's Common Security and Defense Policy which is by design to replace a lot of the functions (and all of the functions) of NATO.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote