Old January 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #32
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
The reason I like my carbs is because they're easy and cheap to work on compared to an FI version. (a few jets and some washers is like $20 and I can have a bike that runs well with any intake/exhaust/altitude combination I can imagine, whereas a Power Commander is like $400) They get clogged, you clean them with carb cleaner and compressed air. When something breaks, you buy a repair part, instead of needing to plug your bike into a computer and read the codes or take it to a dealer.
I can totally see the benefits of that actually. I like the idea of having a bike with no electronics and very simple mechanical systems, so it's robust and easy to maintain... and will continue functioning when China decides to EMP us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I feel like Kawasaki USA is just being dumb or cheap or both for as long as they can still make money while doing it
My point was that, it seems they would make more money if they made an option to buy the FI version. Kinda like how Honda provide the option of buying the CBR250R with or without ABS. They cover a bigger market that way: the provide for the people who want a cheaper bike and the people who want a better/more-advanced bike.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote