View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #59
Blackwidow
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
Marriage in the United States is in pretty bad condition. And I don't see it getting any better.

We (America) have spent the last 30 years trying to empower women, by giving them as much freedom, opportunity, power and status as any man ever had. We thought, "This has to be a good thing, right? What could possibly go wrong?"

But, if you're really serious about taking on the challange of a modern marriage, here's a piece of wisdom I really wish somebody had given me before I got married.

Here it is:

When it comes to picking a woman you absolutely have to find one who had (or still has) a very good relationship with her father. The test of a father-daughter relationship is whether she still loves him and communicates with him and spends time with him after she moves out of her parent's home. That's the woman you want. Believe me when I tell you that if that element is missing from your woman's psyche you're headed for trouble. I've done about 17 years of research on this and have found it to be true. I know there are a lot of other variables involved in a marriage, but the father thing is truly a major cornerstone of a good one.
LOL wow...I think you have found the KEY to the perfect woman! and PLEASE believe me when I say i'm being sarcastic!

First off, a woman that has a relationship with her ENTIRE family would probably make me agree with you more, not just a daddy's girl that has most likely been spoiled all her life, and now will expect her husband to carry on where the father has left off. Having a relationship with the entire family (parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, uncles, aunts etc) shows the woman has family values...which means she won't just split cuz the husband sneezed the wrong way. ALSO, relationship is about chemistry. I have been with men that bring out the worst in me...so keep in mind that the person you're with may be acting a certain way because of you! Its not always the woman at fault and not always the man at fault...its the dynamics between two people.