Old January 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #3
TBC
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
...what?
Translation: ATGATT is a good thing, but wearing a full set of gear doesn't protect you entirely and doing foolish things on a bike will still hurt you badly, even possibly as badly as if you weren't wearing any gear. Eventually, that is, if you're lacking in motorcycling skills. Skills (including common sense) will help you much more on a motorcycle than a full set of gear ever will. No, I'm not saying it's okay to ride in flip flop sandals and [a mini-skirt], shirtless and helmet-less. I realized this idea when I was overseas and spotted a group of riders [wearing little?]. I saw them driving quickly on a high speed road with ice-cold tires, riding single-file with little space in-between them; I could also tell that it was soon going to rain, making the road surface slippery and their activities even more dangerous. There are a lot of people, many of them young, who are not made for motorcycling. It takes a certain person and skill-set to ride a motorcycle, specifically someone who has the mental ability to adapt quickly to dangerous situations. Most people should drive a car instead, and somehow play out their motorcycling fantasies through that type of a vehicle.

At least, that's what I got.
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote