Old January 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #223
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
PS..
I happen to think anyone who stops riding the "canyons" because they had a tiny bit of track time and are afraid they can no longer control their wrist or their motorcycle and ride their own ride well enough to make it through GMR without getting hurt or doesn't want to come riding with me is completely immature and petty. No reason I would want to go riding at the track with anyone like that. Might as well put me on ignore now.

Specially when a few months ago they were playing with a string of 20 Audi's passing them around blind corners while I sat back and watched from a safe distance shaking my head.

Ken and Chrissy don't seem to have a problem riding canyons in the middle of the night, ey guys.

People who can't figure out how to ride a twisty without hurting themselves make me laugh.
Not the type of people I want to go riding with even if they invite me to the track.
I never once so much as came close to dumping anything on GMR.
I never will.

Had the time of my life on GMR today and didn't even get a knee down like normal.
I want to go to the track with Ken and Chrissy because they have balls enough to ride a twisty road and make it through without hurting themselves. Sounds like common sense, skills and control to me. That's the kind of people I want to ride with.

I will never ride with anyone who stops riding the canyons because they cannot control themselves or their motorcycle. Grow the hell up. I will never stop riding the canyons.
I've never felt more free.
Casey i think you misunderstood me. I am not telling you to not ride a canyon, ride where you want when you want. I also have no intention of not riding the mountains in socal. Though i have never been one to push it in the canyons (you rode with me you know this) and i still dont. i ride thme because i love being up there, i enjoy the air and the scenery and the calmness i get. I am only telling you to go to a track because i think you will have a blast. i have never told anyone how to ride and wont start now.

I do disagree that people who stop riding the canyons and mountains have done so out of there own reasons and it has nothing to do with the ability to control their motorcycle or an ability to make it through it with out getting hurt.

I will say there are two canyons i don't ride and do not enjoy riding, one of them being GMR the other being up and down the 33. To many times people who think they have skill that go to fast have blown a corner and taking out riders like me there up there to just enjoy a nice ride. That is ok though because there are a million mountain roads all with in a short distance that i can go and enjoy.