View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:23 AM   #19
RedOctober
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2008 Daytona 675

A story

When I was taking my MSF class, we had a guy show up. He was greek, so his bro was there to translate...but thats besides the point. Just by looking at him you could tell something was not quite right...blank stare, seems like someone kept on hitting him with a 2x4 every morning. But that's besides the point. Did not have a drivers license. Also besides the point.

He was eventually (on 2nd day) downgraded from a bike to a scooter. And then he got kicked out. We were doing the laps with S-boxes. I was in my box going though an S when I saw him sort of just casually blow by his box, ride all the way around, and simply just follow the line into my box, where I was doing the S. And just keep on rolling right towards me, looking straight at me. I stopped at that point, got on the horn and started yelling at him. About 3-4 yards away from me SOMETHING snapped in his head and he just realized the fact that he was coming towards someone.

We're not all created equal, some (and this guy was probably the bottom end of the curve) seem completely incapable of being able to look at the road, recognize where they are supposed to be, what to do, and do it. Everything must have happened very slow and serially for him.

His bro took him home and told the instructor that he would practice in the backyard or out on a dirt field somewhere. I hope I don't run into that 'tard anywhere.
RedOctober is offline   Reply With Quote