View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #38
shishe
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Roland

Motorcycle(s): Tank Scooter

HI: Let me contribute to the installation of this alarm system that seem to be very nice, We all know that the instructions that came with it are more confusing than having none, connecting the positive negative and blinkers are straight forward, my problem was with the ignition as I learned that some systems interrupt the current to the CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) and other systems ground the CDI so one alarm brain is not good for all the applications. I have a Chinese scooter that come with alarm from factory, same connector, same number of wires and colors as the Spy 5000m but after plugging it in the remote start will crank the engine but it will not start and if the engine was running and the alarm went off the engine will keep running and will not shut down, every thing else was working. Here are pictures how I fixed mine.

Spy 5000m alarm system. For systems where the ignition switch or alarm stops the engine by grounding the CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) through the Pink=Black/White wire, the relay A should be moved to position B, relay A is the only N/C (normally close) relay out of the 5 in this picture

Here the 2 little capacitors were removed just to see the circuitry that ends in R33. You don't need to touch them

Here the 2 capacitors are back on and relay A has been removed

Here the relay is soldered in position B and the only thing left to do is to plug the remote communication board or whatever.

Ready to work on ground CDI systems, but not finished yet as I found out the engine keeps running while the alarm is going off, to fix this I need a SPST (Single Pole Single Throw) normally open relay on position A. I need a CMA51H-S-DC12V-A or equivalent relay.

Back side of the board

A N/O SPST relay will have 4 legs in these position (red dots) and the (blue dot) will not be used

The pink lines are circuitry on the back side of the board, The gray cable comes from the ignition switch, goes through the N/C relay B and out through the pink cable, when the ignition key is off it grounds the CDI so there is no spark, when we remote start the motorcycle, relay B opens and interrupt the grounding. When the engine is running either because the ignition is on or relay B is open and the alarm goes off then relay A closes and grounds the CDI. For now I am using it with out the relay A as I had no time to look for a relay of that size, every thing works except engine wont stop when alarm goes off. I will post as soon I finish it.

Finally it is working perfect. Finding such a small relay was a pain, none of the local electronic stores will carry it and since I am obsessive I refuse to put an external bigger one. After many hours of search I could not find any SPST relay.

All the available ones were SPDT (they have 5 legs)

So you have to cut one leg as shown in the picture.

Make sure the leg does not touch the PCB (printed circuit board). small piece of electric tape will help.

The one I bought was from www.Omnipro.net Subminiature Automotive PCB power relay ( Series PC236) PC236-1c-12s-x (very expensive) later on I found one made by Panasonic: Automotive Relay S JJM www.Futureelectronics.com full number JJM1-12V ($9 cheaper) Couple sites from England will have it like Conrad-uk.com and Amazon.co.uk.

Project finished
Good luck.

By the way I put a switch on the blue cable (remote starter) so I disable or enable it as needed.
My scooter has an electronic choke. I have to be sure the scooter is on it central stand legs and with the rear wheel up otherwise takes off.

Last futzed with by shishe; February 21st, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
shishe is offline   Reply With Quote