View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #733
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

@Scattcatt haha anybody or everybody is fine. I was just looking for confirmation or flaming about not using the decel cable. Especially since i remember forbitel had issues and ended up reinstalling it.

Update on my install:

My engine starts and runs pretty good so far.

Attached are a few pictures of my quicksteel and throttle cable mounts. It took 2 days because quicksteel takes 12hours to fully cure. I molded it last night and threaded it today along with cutting the bracket. Let me know if anybody wants to go this route and I can add more detail to it.

Final picture has the ideal pulley mount locations to allow for both accel and decel cables to be installed. If I find I need the decel cables, I'll use n4mwd's washer method. This would allow my bracket to be shorter. I used the original stock 250R throttle cable and there is PLENTY of length.

Last thing is to tweak the rubber boot spacers and see if we can find something fast and less DIY. At the same time, probably some way to support the pod filters because on the whole bike, those pod filters wobble and I suspect this isnt helping the throttlebody from popping out either.

O2 sensors bungs are installed but I want to run open-loop a little while longer to clear out some of the cutting oil left in the header. Looking forward to some autotuning.

Edit: Looking for a switch to replace the eco/rich switch. Anybody know where I can find one that looks like a round vandal resistant push switch but not momentary. Like you push in and it locks and then push it again it pops back out? I know it exists but it's not a push button switch and not a toggle switch. It's kinda a blend of both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2489.jpg (98.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2490.jpg (80.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2493.jpg (123.5 KB, 14 views)