View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #92
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
So arguably it's worth upgrading *before* our IRCs are worn out to gain the additional... safety features... of having super grippy tyres! (looking for any excuse)
There is a significant difference in many way. I'd say go for it man. Just to let you guys know, I pulled an Isle of Mann TT near where I live in Savannah, GA. There is an island that has a beautiful stretch of pavement. I had so much confidence in my tires that I was going WOT through some awesome turns. I was going a high rate of speed, but very controlled using all the surface of my tires. They are seriously planted and respond very well to every input I put into the bike. Again I'll put a full review in a few days...really after I take my long trip to Charlotte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicrm View Post
I use my bike as a daily commuter. how long will these last you think? is it worth the money if most of my riding will not be "spirited"? dont wanna waste the sticky pirellis of course
It really depends how you ride, road conditions, temperature and many other variables. Some might get 6,000 to 10,000 miles, so no one can be really sure. You won't waist your money on Pirellis man, they are really well worth it.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote