Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #240
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I just snagged a set of Wellgo City pedals and a Cateye Urban Wireless computer.
_

I didn't "need" a new computer, but I wanted a computer dedicated to the commuter. That way I can keep track of the odometer for parts maintenance and longevity.

I also got a set of Avid FR-5 brake levers.

Last year I upgraded the bar and stem on my Specialized Hardrock Sport 29-er to Truvativ carbon bars and stem (my commuter). I recently upgraded to 700x35c tires instead of the mountain bike tires. They roll very nicely, weigh less and still are rather comfy. I also got a Topeak Disc rack that sits on the back end and a set of Avenir Metro panniers. I can carry a decent amount of stuff now.

The reason I got the Avid brake levers was for my fixed gear/single speed. I am going to put my old bars and stem from the Hardrock Sport on the Specialized Langster. The road bars are rather uncomfortable for some reason. I think I am leaning too far forward and that is what is making it uncomfortable. So by going to flat bars, I will have a more upright riding position. This will make life more comfortable on the bike. I will take plenty of pictures of the "upgrade" and post it up on here. I can't wait to get started.

My next upgrade on the Hardrock commuter is a chain guard for the big crank ring. That way I will not have to go and put a strap around my drive-side pant leg.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote