View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #23
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Glad to hear it! That's excellent news! How did the MAP sensor tubing look after your ride? (How much gasoline accumulated) I took mine out for another hard ride today in the twisties, never let the RPM's get below around 9k and was WOT for the majority of the time. The bike handles wonderfully. The only issue that I've run into is if we all stop for a short while and I key the bike off then turn the bike back on a short time later. It seems the ECU thinks that the bike is starting from a cold start and then runs rough for a little bit. Almost as if it takes the ECU a little while to realize, "Oh, wait. The engine is already hot, no need to do warm up procedures" or whatever. Once it gets over it things run great. One potential hazard and warning to you guys though that I noticed today, I can't confirm the cause of this as it's only happened once but I had an issue of the throttle dragging out after blipping at low RPM after a warm start. As if the throttle was sticking (which very well could be the case as that's happened before. The throttle sync screw has rubbed against the MAP sensor tubing before which I suspected may have been the problem) the small issue went away within a couple of miles. This rough running after a warm start also has made it more inconvenient for me regarding my headlights as well. I've had issues with my headlights cutting out ever since I've had the bike and the problem is most apparent during high speed twistie riding (go figure...) The most effective way for me to turn them back on in the past was to cycle the key quickly. With the fuel injection kit this is a bit trickier now though so I tend to just leave them off when they cut. Not that big of a deal, they come back on over time plus I'm in a group of +-8 riders when we tear up the twisties anyway and I never lead as I always have the smallest bike. My MSF instructor says it's probably the headlight relay as I'm running HID lights (also not something I put on the bike, came with it) which I'm NOT familiar with. I'll check this out during the 15,000 inspection which I'll probably hit in a couple of weeks. I just hit 14,000 today.

Also I apologize if this post doesn't make much sense. I typically edit my posts like 5 or 6 times within the first few minutes of me posting lol... I'm just wiped tonight. I'll get to it later