View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #29
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You might be surprised. The difference between that 165 pound guy and that 220 pound guy might be as much as 5 mph on the top end of our bikes. Just changing the angle of how your helmet is hitting the airflow can nudge things a mph or two in either direction. There's also a noticeable difference on how form fitting the gear is. Even the same size riders will have different aerodynamic profiles in a loose-fitting touring jacket, compared to a more form-fitting leather one-piece, and the top speed in the exact same position will be different.
Good point. And I will be the first one to admit, you are way more knowledgeable about this than I am. Good info here

Quote:
That said - you're also right, for the purposes of this thread, these differences would be unlikely to point to a different buying decision. Someone of the OP's size can very easily get the bike to go plenty fast to run safely with any traffic situation in the US.
Yes, thats basically what I was trying to point out. That should not be a reason for NOT getting a 250.