View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #46
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvninja View Post
It depends on culture a lot (at least in my case.) I'm 23 and I'm expected to live at home until I'm married, my brother is older and is expected to do the same. It's actually looked down upon to move out before then. Some of my cousins have moved out and the whole family freaks out, and I mean whole family as in uncles, and aunts. Although I plan on moving out before I'm married, but have to wait until I graduate, paying myself through nursing is a lot easier with mom & dad.

Thinking that this is living off your parents is incorrect (unless you really are lol) but in my family you live with your parents until you get married, no rent but you pay everything else. I will pay my dues when my parents are older and they need to live with me, or I need to support them. It's kind of a circle, they take care of me and help me out and in turn their children will do the same for them. Tthe best deal for them is that they will never go into a nursing home.
Not the exact same thing in my family, but essentially.

We don't pay rent, but we pay and do everything else. My parents actually moved to the states so instead of my sister brother and I moving out, they did

To me, it's not living off them, and like above post, I will support them later in life when they need it
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote