View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #105
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Got another JTF 1539.15 and JTR 486.41 today. Not sure I should attempt the front sprocket install after seeing @headshrink's problems. :/
I assume you're referring to the possible bent shaft or damaged bearings... It was a pretty subtle thing on the counter-sprocket side of my original engine, and was never even verified. It was the clutch side that put me over the edge to replace the engine. I haven't had any problems sense then. This is partly due to the entire big-picture experience teaching me not to be so compulsive about motorcycle maintainance.... In fact, I can now proudly say that I rode to/from work today, in the rain, with a bald rear tire Ok, so the replacement comes with this next weeks paycheck, but before I would have replaced it at the slightest hint that a single wear-bar was exposed.

I put the 15T on my replacement engine as well, and have not had any issues with it. However, I used an impact wrench instead of a breaker bar on the CS nut. IMO, specific torque on this nut is not critical because of the splined washer that is bent to hold the nut from spinning.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote