View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #107
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 (sold), '06 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Ah. Well, I don't have an impact wrench and I am willing to try it with what I have.

Now, I think I might have made a mistake. In anticipation of my new chain and sprockets arriving in the mail, I went ahead and broke off my old chain, loosened the nuts on the rear sprocket, and removed the front sprocket cover. Now that the new chain and sprockets are here, I realize that I can't use a completely disconnected rear tire to hold a CS sprocket from turning as I try to loosen the nut.

I feel like it may be a bad idea to install the new chain with the new rear sprocket with the old front sprocket just to put all that force into it, especially when I still have the same front sprocket on there that a horribly failed chain was used with (cracked, missing, and C-shaped roller links visibly chewed up my last rear sprocket; had to have done something to the front too though it looked much better).

I don't see how else to do it though, so I will be attempting to install the rear sprocket and new chain today unless someone has a better idea. Wish me luck!
Use the old chain. Take a spare piece of wire and hook the ends together on the slack side.
flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote