View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
i went to a local kawi dealer and asked the dude at the service counter how much it would cost if i brought my bike in for a valve adjustment. he fumbled away on his computer for about 5 mins, then told me $222. I was like "$222? for a valve adjustment? is that just the valve check or includes the valve adjustment too?" he said "it only takes about 2 hours to do, just changing out valves so yea $222." I was thinking in my head, what? 2 hrs only? maybe if you are a pro and you got all the shims ready, maybe 2 hrs.

i'm just going to do it myself. it seems to be too good of a deal, they probably won't do it right at all imo. kinda wary of this place, every time i go in to look at gear. the sales guys seem like complete d-bags. one time i was looking at an arai rx-q helmet and the sales guy said, it's only for racers you don't need it. i told him, i was planning to hit the tracks, he said, well your not racing so you don't need that anyway. i swear they are something else, they will tell you a 600 or 1000 is a great beginner bike, but when it comes to safety - naw you don't need that, don't bother unless your a racer. LOL
Every time I have heard a price like this I inquire further and find out that they are looking at the estimated labor for a pregen.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote