Old March 17th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #18
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dago View Post
So I bought a battery tender and charged her up last night and went to start her this morning. She turned over two or three times but as soon as i let go of the starter button she died again. Does this sound like bad gas? I'd really like to avoid cleaning the carbs if possible, its a damn beautiful day out in ny and all i want to do is ride. I have a bottle of seafoam...but that seems pretty useless if I cant start her lol. Any other quick suggestions to get her running so I can drop the seafoam in and enjoy the ride today?
basically, did it lazily fire a couple times but the didn't want to fire on it's own? That's what happens to me sometimes when I start my bike from winterization.

If it will do that, it's almost there.

Try this method of choking the bike.

if all else fails, give it 3/4 choke, and modulate the throttle back and fourth to get it running. keep on the starter for up to 5 seconds at a time (make sure to give it like 30 seconds to cool between tries) while modulating the choke.

If you're where I think you are with getting it started, you're almost there. Just gotta play with it a little bit to keep it running.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote