View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #115
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Well, I got mine off when I figured out that you weren't supposed to push down on the nut with the socket using my 12v emergency impact wrench. The manual only said that it takes time to accelerate before it will hammer because it is electric, but you'd just hear it spin forever internally without knocking the nut if you didn't reduce pressure on the nut. I had to use it on the front axle nut too because I found it much too tight, once again, and I couldn't turn it by myself when using my T-handle wrench (whole axle would turn).

@Alex: Can you please edit the OP's DIY, post and PDF, with a word of warning about the correct CS sprocket orientation? It only makes sense for the spacer side to go IN or else the exact size difference between the pregen and newgen wouldn't matter, but this wasn't obvious to the OP or others following this DIY. @Vampyre, for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Feck me. Now I have to take it all apart and flip my sprocket. I am pretty surprised that DIY was wrong for 3 years.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote